Monday, June 8, 2009

June 8

Breakfast:
Almonds- 140
Isagenix shake- 240
Snack:
2 thin slices of ham- 30
1/2 banana w/pb- 80
Lunch:
1 can tuna- 140
1 pc. bread- 40
Miracle whip- 20
8 oz. Jamba Juice- 140
Dinner:
Turkey meatloaf- 290
Basil green beans- 60
Rosemary potatoes- 155

Grand total: 1335
Workout:
60-minute run- 820 cals
Pilates-- I don't know about calories, but it was a great workout and I didn't feel like a complete idiot the entire time. Bonus! I can definitely tell that it will work muscles in a way they don't ordinarily get worked, especially the ABS!! Double bonus!! Good workout, good food (we really enjoyed dinner tonight), lots of yummy produce from Green's-- great day!

RECIPES!
Parmesan-Turkey Meatloaf
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 1/4 lb. ground skinless turkey
4 slices whole-wheat bread, made into fine crumbs
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1 egg white, lightly beaten
3 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp minced fresh garlic
1 tbs. finely chopped fresh basil, or 1/2 tsp dried
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350; spray an 8 by 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. In a small nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Saute the onion until tender, 4-5 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the onion, turkey, bread crumbs, milk, egg white, ketchup, cheese, garlic, basil, thyme, and pepper; blend well. Shape into a loaf and transfer to the pan. Bake until browned and cooked throuhg. 50-60 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes, then cut into 8 slices.

**My ammendments-
I used three pieces of bread. To get them to crumble, I just rolled the bread in the palm of my hands.
As for cooking, I took a trick from Nora-- instead of putting it into a loaf pan, I formed 5 mini-loaves on a baking sheet and cooked them for 25 minutes. This is a great trick when you don't have time to wait for an hour.

Nutrition info (1 slice, according to the 8-slice cooking method): 181 cals, 9 g fat, 10 g carb, 1 g fib, 15 g protein

Rosemary Potatoes
*These cook in the microwave-- another brilliant time-saving strategy!
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Place butter and garlic in a baking dish and microwave until butter is melted. Add all of the ingredients and toss well. Microwave until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.

Nutrition info: 155 cals

I was skeptical of cooking them in the microwave but they turned out to be pretty good. I'll definitely do this again. Love quick meals!

Basil Green Beans (recipe that Heather introduced to us)
1 lb green beans
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 clove garlic, cut in half
1 tbsp chopped onion
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp dried leaf basil, crumbled
1/2 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 cup boiling water

Cut beans in half. Heat oil and butter; saute onion and garlic until soft. Remove garlic.
Add beans, salt, basil, sugar, pepper, and boiling water. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes.

Nutrition info: none provided on the website. I took the calorie count from the green beans at Boston Market... may or may not be accurate.

*Great flavor, but too salty for my taste... it's possible that I just inadvertently added a bit extra, or maybe I didn't have quite as many green beans as the recipe called for but either way, I'll use less salt next time.

1 comment:

  1. You go!!! I can't believe how diligent you are. I mean, that is likely a big reason that you have been so successful. I am so glad that you are enjoying the pilates. I think you will really see results! Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete