Friday, June 19, 2009

June 19

Yep. This week has just been shot down big time. Ok, maybe not big time, but pain and hormones have been winning this week. I did work out today, which is always a plus. I was in lots of pain, though, and couldn't shake it so I didn't push. I ran for half an hour without worrying about my heart rate and then I joined a hip hop dance class for a while. It was nice to just work out and have fun without obsessing over where my heart rate was every minute. I love my heart rate monitor and it definitely helps to pay attention to it, but taking a break every once in a while is just enjoyable. The hip hop dance class was just fun. It certainly wasn't the most grueling workout in the world, but I had fun gettin down with my bad self (or looking absolutely ridiculous as I attempted to get down!). In total, I still burned 682 calories during my workout so I'm happy with that. Tomorrow, I think I'll try a cycling class in the morning. Those are intense so we'll see how it goes. Next week, I'll get back to my program and on track with my calories. Still not going overboard on the calories this week, but definitely not paying as much attention to them as I normally do... which I'm ok with. My period doesn't normally knock me out this much, but it was pretty brutal this time (just ask Mike!) so I just do what I can. LOVE being a woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment