Wednesday, June 10, 2009

July 10... the thunder rolls....

Gotta love a good Texas storm... except that Mike wasn't home so I was a little scared out of my whits. I bolted over to Nora's before the rain came in. Such a baby but thank goodness for good neighbors! Anyway, on to business...
Breakfast:
Isagenix shake- 240 (Predictable, I know. It's just easy to not have to think about and prepare something, especially when I'm trying to get Lacey to eat.)
Lunch:
Subway sandwich (6" turkey and ham on honey oat, lots of veggies, pepperjack cheese, and a little light mayo)- 358
Snack:
Banana w/ pb- 100
Dinner:
Leftovers from last night (ate a little more pasta this time)- 400
Snack:
15 almonds- 104
15 Cherries- 64

Total: 1266
Burned: 800

Dang, not a lot of calories. I was out a good portion of the day and failed to take some healthy snacks to munch on. Oh well!
This whole journey is such a roller coaster! Some days I'm feeling great and thrilled with my success, and some days I'm down and feel like I'll never be where I want to be with it. Today was the latter for some reason. I'm at the point where I just want to be done. Done counting calories. Done working like a dog. Done! There were many times in my life when I would have just given in to that frustration... but not today. Today, I push through and I'm always glad I do. The workouts always feel great and at the end of the day, I'm always proud of myself for eating healthy. The joy of success FAR exceeds the feelings of frustration. It's a little daunting to think that I still have 8 pounds to go, but I also cannot believe that I am only 8 pounds from my goal! Single digits, baby! I'm so used to being 40+ pounds from my goal so while I am ready to just be done, I'd hate myself if I give in now. At this point, I've lost 45 pounds since coming home with Lacey and I'm 65 pounds from my heaviest weight (which, incidently, was not when I was pregnant). I guess I can be proud of that! :)
I did check in with the trainer who originally checked my body fat % a month ago. That day, he measured me at 165 and 25.5% body fat. Today, I'm 158 and 20%. That's 7 pounds (ok, probably more like 5... I was wearing my shoes last time but not this time) and 5% body fat in a month! I'm so happy to be making progress again. Getting those tests done has been the best thing I've done. If I can do that in a month, surely I can get through the next two months and reach my goal. Then I'll have to figure out the balance of maintaining... another trick for another day!
When I complained to the trainer that this is all taking too long, he looked at me and said "Quit your whining and go work out!" (That was the edited version of his comment.) That's really all there is to do. Excuses, complaints, frustrations-- NONE of it makes any difference. Just gotta get your butt moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment