Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June 17... What's with me?!

Breakfast:
English muffin w/ jelly- 130
Snack:
Crackers- 120
Lunch:
McD's grilled chicken sandwich (w/o mayo)- 370
The sugar cookie that Lacey didn't eat... :) - 160
Snack:
Pretzels- 60
Handful of grapes- 30
Almonds- 120
Dinner:
Cilantro lime chicken- 289
Rice- 100

Total: 1379
Burned: NONE!

I didn't work out today. What is with me?! I've been feeling so blah this week. My calories are still ok (except for last night), but I'm not focusing as much on healthy calories like fruit, veggies, and lean proteins. I'm pretty mad at myself for not working out today because I'm sure that I would be feeling much better and more energized right now if I had. I tried to tell myself that it's ok to miss one day of cardio when I do it every day of the week, but my mood tells me that I should have gotten something in. Working out brings me sanity! If for no other reason than the energy and mood-boost that it brings, doing some sort of exercise is so very worth it. Being a stay-at-home mom can have it's frustrations so getting to the gym and being active for a while helps me to stay on top of things so much better. Plus, it makes me feel better about myself, all of which makes me all the more tolerable for the poor souls who have to put up with me on a regular basis. :) For everyone who says that they don't have time to work out because they don't have time "to be selfish", I say "GARBAGE!" It's not selfish to be healthy. It's not selfish to be happy. All of these things come as a result of exercise, so how could it be selfish? I'm just sayin.

Anyway, tomorrow I'm back to the gym with Mike so I'll make sure to get an extra-good workout in. For now, I'm going to go straighten up, do some laundry, and get to bed. Good night all!

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about excersizing! I can tell when I miss! Being so busy right now and especially with the pregnancy I don't always have the energy/ability to get a workout. But, I've found with this one and the last one that if I can atleast get in a walk with Rebecca and/or Walter I feel better. It's an activity but it's easy and fun for both of us. Plus, for me it's good to have an off day so I don't feel like I "must" work out because that will make me burn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, so I may be missing something, but doesn't your body require approximately 1400 calories at rest in a day? Didn't you figure that out? Which means that if you work out, don't you have to eat enough to cover that exercise? Which means...on the days that you burn like 800 calories and only eat about 1400 total, doesn't that mean that your body would feel as if it is being starved? I thought you had to eat something like 2200 calories if you work out that hard. I am so confused. First I understood and now I don't. That explains a lot about me! If you only ate 1379 calories today then you would still be ok on your weight loss plan because your body requires that much just to breath in and out, etc, all day long. Right?

    ReplyDelete