Saturday, June 13, 2009

June 13

As today was our designated day of celebrating, I'm so not about to tally up the calories... I'd probably be horrified by the number! I did get up at 6:00 this morning for a 620-calorie burning run, followed by a healthy breakfast. That was just about the extent of my healthy choices for the day. Lunch found us at Jack-in-the-Box on the way home from the Temple, dinner was spent at Abuelos with fajitas, and to top it off, we enjoyed some Italian ice cream (which is lower in fat than regular ice cream, if that counts for anything) at the mall. Ugggggg! I feel ill. I think I used to eat like that fairly regularly, but today... ugggggg! I don't know why I do it- it really isn't worth it. I guess it was enjoyable at the time, but this feeling lasts longer than the taste of the food, which generally isn't any more enjoyable than a good sandwich or a tasty piece of fish and veggies anyway. Why is it that we feel the need to reward ourselves with crap anyway? A night out was nice, for certain, but it would be far more enjoyable if I didn't feel full and gross at the end of it. Ok, next time we feel the need to splurge, I think I'll just stick to one meal instead of a full day and I have to really want it-- not just get it because I feel like I deserve it. And since we all know that I do this to myself every time, and every time I vow to not do it again, don't be surprised if I'm not whining the same tune next week. :)

Anyway, as for this week's results, drum roll please... 157! That's 1 1/2 pounds down from last week so I'm pretty happy with that. If I'm lucky, I'll hit that 155 mark next week.... but probably the following. Either way, I'm quite close and very excited about that! Then, 5 more pounds and I'm at my goal...... I'm on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment