Friday, June 12, 2009

JUNE 12... A perfect day!

Breakfast:
You guess it: isagenix shake! 240
Pre-workout snack:
Almonds- 120
Lunch:
Pb&j sandwich- 140
4 oz. milk- 40
Protein/fruit smoothie- 120
Snack:
Apple- 55
Peanut butter- 90
Dinner:
Salmon- 240
Grilled veggies (squash, zucchini, onion, tomatoes)- 40
Wild rice- 83
Salad- 70

Total: 1238
Burned: 760

Today was one of those really great days (which was all the more appreciated after yesterday)! We slept in, ate breakfast together, read our scriptures, and hit the gym for a great workout all before lunch. Then we came home for sandwiches and naps. While Mike and Lacey napped at the house, I took my rest by the pool! I soaked up some sun, enjoyed a brief swim, and just relaaaaaxed all by myself. It was quite lovely! After a quick trip to the grocery store, I came home to get the crew for an evening family swim. We had a great time playing together, until lightning struck and sent us home. All was well, though, cuz I had a tasty meal planned... and tasty it was! It was just one of those meals that makes you feel great. It was healthy, tasted divine, and fun. I don't often grill veggies but I will start doing it more-- SO good! Salmon was heavenly, the salad was so so good (think romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, red onion, cucumber, and goat cheese topped with my favorite Greek vinegrette... seriously SO GOOD!), the rice... all of it. YUM!!! And what's even better is that it won't leave us feeling gross or guilty for the rest of the night. Perfection! I think if people took the time and effort to cook meals like these, healthy eating would be the preference. It is a bit of work and takes planning and preparation, but it's so worth it. Give it a shot!
Now Mike is laying Lacey down and we'll have a relaxing night together while the storms rage outside. Seriously, how much better does it get??? Tomorrow, we get to enjoy a trip to the Temple together in the morning, hopefully an afternoon by the pool (weather permitting), and then we're eating out to celebrate a great week at the office and continued weight loss success. I love weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment