Sunday, May 24, 2009

May 24

Is it just me or is even the slightest deviation from healthy eating simply painful? I ate healthy most of the day, but this evening, Mike and I went to his parents house to celebrate his dad's birthday. The meal wasn't all that unhealthy-- cubed steak, a small amount of mashed potatoes, lots of broccoli, salad, and a roll. I'm not sure about the calorie count on any of that and that's ok. I did indulge in some cherrie pie and low fat, no sugar added ice cream (thanks to my father-in-law who was being health conscious when he retrieved said ice cream) and I think that may be the culprit of my now upset tummy. I think my gallbladder makes things that would otherwise be enjoyable slightly more on the painful side. That, or I am more intolerant of milk products than I would like to admit. Either way, ug. It's always tasty going down but next time, I've got to remember what happens as a result. It's my own fault, really, and certainly nothing that my sweet mother-in-law needs feel responsible or guilty for. The truth is that it probably won't keep me from enjoying the occasional dessert... but perhaps I should try forgoing the ice cream. Haha... yeah, like that'll happen! :)

Anyway, moving right along... no calorie count today. I'm sure I went over a bit and I'm not going to stress it. I think one day of not counting is fine, even necessary perhaps. Being that it is Sunday, I didn't work out so we'll just call it a day of rest all around. Gotta love those! :) As for the week ahead, I have a couple of things to improve upon. #1. Vitamins and supplements. I was great at taking them for a bit but not so great this past week. Gotta get back on that. #2... and I hesitate even to say this, but it's time... to give up.... give me a moment.............. Diet Dr. Pepper! (Nora, did I just hear you scoff over there??) This is my one true vice that I have allowed myself to hold onto, for sanity's sake. I've maintained my one-a-day rule for a bit now but I am going to attempt to eliminate such consumption altogether. Ok, maybe I'll have one a week. :) I realize that the caffiene isn't healthy and the artificial sweeteners are terrible, among other things. So this is my goal for the coming week. Wish me luck! As for everything else, I'll just keep to what I've been doing-- counting calories, great workouts, and a positive attitude...and maybe wave bye-bye to another pound or two!
Oh, and BRING ON THE POOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment