Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cleansing Effect

Today, I decided to rid myself of all of the old, baggy clothes that represent what I once was. What started as just an organizational project became a fairly empowering moment for me. These piles of clothes range in sizes from 12 to 16 (although I had already gotten rid of most of my 16s last year). I'm hanging on to the 10s for now, mostly because my wardrobe is fairly bare now and I need something to wear as I build it back up. As I sorted through all of these clothes, I distincly remembered how I felt in some of the pieces. The most exciting was a dress that once served as my motivation piece-- the thing that I couldn't wait to fit into. I even put it on today just to see how it fit now, and it was huge on me. That was fun! Most of the clothes are actually pretty cute and they served me well, but I am happy to be parting with them.







I really wish I had started this blog last year when I began this journey so everyone could see that it's not a constant celebration as it has been for me just recently. There were difficult moments along the way and I have struggled as many of you do at times. This, for me, is the other side of all of that. I am still working hard and striving to reach my goal, but I am happy to feel like a completely new person. My point is that yes, it is difficult, but SO COMPLETELY WORTH IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment