Saturday, May 23, 2009

May 23... Go figure

Breakfast:
Scrambled egg whites with ketchup- 60 cals
1 pc. turkey bacon- 35 cals
Toasted english muffin with Smart Balance spread- 130 cals
Berries- 25 cals
Lunch:
Grilled turkey dog: 45 cals
Wheat bun: 120 cals
BBQ Baked Lays: 240 cals (muched a little too much on the chips, but they were good! :)
TREAT DAY:
Frozen yogurt with various toppings-- cals? Don't know, don't care. It was our treat for the week. It was Lacey's first trip for ice cream and she loved it!
Dinner:
The day ran away from us and the headache returned so it was back to a favorite stop: Taco Bell! 3 crunchy fresco tacos: 450 cals
The cinammon twists that I got for Lacey but ate myself when she didn't want them (oopsie!): 170 cals

Total for the day (not including treat): 1275... wait...really?! I thought for sure that I ate more than that but there ya go. I did lift weights today but forgot my watch so I'm not certain on the calorie loss there. Based on other weight workouts, I'll say it was at least 350 which means that even with the treat, I probably still didn't eat the total number of calories for the day.

Today marks the end of week 1 (since getting the tests done) and I have to say that I am quite thrilled already with how it's going. After feeling like I was working my rear end off without actually working it off for some time, it's so great to know exactly what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. I love having the heart rate monitor so I can make sure that I'm working out efficiently the entire time. The calorie counter on the monitor is fantastic and gives me the immediate satisfaction of knowing what I've accomplished. I spent several frustrating months not sure if I was doing enough, or doing too much, and now I can keep track of that through every work out to ensure that I'm right where I need to be. As it turns out, I was working out too hard. I felt that the faster I ran, the more weight I would lose. Not true. Once you go beyond a certain threshold, your body is burning only carbs and no fat. Plus, it has all kinds of other effects that aren't particularly ideal for weight loss. So now I can scale back a bit and get a much more efficient, though still grueling workout. And as much as I tried to avoid it, counting calories has actually been another great help. I wasn't eating poorly before, but again, it's just great knowing exactly how I'm doing. Blogging all of this is also helpful because I will be able to look back and see where I need to improve or what I need to just keep doing. So, all-in-all, I'm thrilled that I did the tests. I'm in a much more positive place than I was before and I'm already seeing results. Last week, my fluctuating weight had crept back up to 165 and today, I was 162. Maybe next week I'll break the 160 barrier! That would be so stinking fantastic!! Of course, even if it doesn't happen next week, it will the following and that will be no less fantastic.
Oh, and Mike also lost 2 pounds this week so apparently my greater focus has helped him as well... or he just feels the need to get in better shape to keep up with his hot wife! :) Hehe... just kidding!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog b/c a)I admire your honesty, b) I love your positive attitude and how you just keep on going and c) your sense of humor. It's easy to see why your husband is so crazy about you!

    ReplyDelete