Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1

Hello to anyone who still tunes in to this little blog of mine. Sorry if I've kept you hanging. I haven't fallen off the band-wagon (well, not completely anyway!), just off the blogging wagon. It's been an interesting week for me. I've decided to try a cleanse to get rid of the gallstones, a process that began on Monday. For 5 or 6 days, I am to drink loooots of apple juice. 1 qt a day, to be exact. That's close to 500 calories worth of apple juice a day! Needless to say, it may not be a big weight loss week. What I didn't expect is that the apple juice would make me fairly uncomfortable. I guess in the process if softening the gallstones, it's causing them to shift or something- thus irritating my gallbladder. Nothing major, but not overly pleasant. I attempted to work out on Monday but my stomach was fairly upset so I didn't get it all in. Then I caught Lacey's cold which has sort of knocked me out for the last two days. Ug. I'm feeling sluggish after not working out and I have to get back to the gym tomorrow. I'm determined to get really good workouts in for the rest of the week! I'm trying to be careful with what I'm eating, but I haven't been perfect. I've just kind of accepted that it's not going to be a weight loss week so at least I won't be surprised. Back to the cleanse: after 6 days of drinking all of the apple juice, I will drink 1/4 cup of olive oil and some lemon juice on Saturday night before bed. PLEASANT! No, I am not looking forward to this in the slightest. However, if it works, then I'm all for it. I want to keep my gallbladder because I maintain the stance that your body absolutely will not work as well without it. If I can get rid of the stones naturally, why not? I may (or may not) continue to need to do this cleanse periodically, maybe every 6 months to a year, but I'm ok with that. I'd rather keep the organ God gave me, thank you very much. Of course, if I continue having painful attacks after doing this, then I may have no choice. We shall see!
So for the rest of the week, I'll just continue doing what I can and trying to avoid gaining weight. Then I can get back to the hard core routine next week, hopefully free of gallstones. I'll let ya know!

1 comment:

  1. I keep meaning to tell you that Marnie Peterson also has gallbladder issues and stands on keeping hers as well. She gave me reasons, which at this hour I don't recall, but they made excellent sense. She is consistent with what she eats as well. Her doctor recently prescribed medicine for her for colitis as well. Or some kind of little tiny ulcers that get mad when she eats. Don't know. Thought you might find that interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete