Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July 8

So, today wasn't the ideal day. Went in for the ultrasound on my gallbladder and as it turns out, drinking the apple juice and olive oil was nothing but a big calorie consumption with none of the benefits we hoped for. Gggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! It didn't work. Some of you may be thinking "Well DUH!" but it has worked for several people I know so why not me? I don't know. Not fair. There remain lots of little stones in there, filling up my poor gallbladder. Next step: surgery. It's a simple surgery, assuming all goes as planned... they won't know how invasive it needs to be until they get in there. Ideally, it's laproscopic... but it could be worse. The recovery isn't long (again, this is assuming...), and given than I'm an otherwise healthy 27-year-old, I don't anticipate long-lasting effects. A part of me was pretty disappointed to see the stones, but there is also a part of me that's actually quite happy to just get it out after all of the trouble it has caused me. To know that I will never have a gallbladder attack again is a beautiful thing! If you've had one, you know what I mean. If you haven't, well, imagine being in labor without the relief of a break in contractions and doing that once a month or more. So very, very painful! So yes, it's coming out. It does mean other disappointing things when it comes to the next baby. We were thinking that it would happen quite soon, but now with the expense of the surgery, we may just have to push it back a bit longer. That was a bit of a painful reality at first, but if that's what happens, then it's fine. It won't be much longer and it will give us time to get other things in order anyway so maybe it's all for the best. Stupid gallbladder. Stupid crappy insurance. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I'm whining. And while I did work out today, it was sort of mellow because I was supposed to be fasting before my ultrasound, which meant that I couldn't take in water. Who wants a really tough workout if you can't drink water?? Overview: squats (3 sets of 15 at 70 lbs), deadlifts (same reps and weight as squats), leg press (3 sets of 15 reps at 100 lbs), hamstring curl (3 sets of 15 at 55 lbs), leg extension (3 sets of 15 reps at 75 lbs), and calf extensions (3 sets of 15 reps at 110 lbs). I didn't wear my heart rate monitor so I have no clue on the calories. And I don't feel like counting the calories consumed... just that kind of day. I do know that it's been hard to really get back in the game after last week and I need to find my focus again. I gained 3 or 4 pounds through all of that! How very, very frustrating! Ug. I'm just frustrated all around. I should stop writing and go clean the kitchen or something. At least I have a fun day to look forward to tomorrow-- Amber's bringing the kids down to play and then Haylee and Grace are staying with us for a couple of days. Fun times with the nieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment