Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July 14 Day 3 of 30-Day Cleanse

So far, so good! I'm already back down to 158 today!! (Remember that the scale said 162 just on Sunday!) I suspect that part of that quick loss simply has to do with retention or something but any change on the scale is a good thing and I'll take it! I'm hopeful once again that I may actually reach that 155 goal by the time we go to Pheonix next week... wouldn't that be great?! The two shakes and one meal a day thing really hasn't been so bad. I was worried that I would be hungry, but I haven't been. Of course, I throw in a healthy snack like apple w/ peanut butter or almonds and some other piece of fruit or something of that nature and it keeps me full and happy. I'm sure it will become more difficult as the days go on, simply because I'll want to eat something as opposed to drinking two meals a day, but seeing the progress will certainly help to keep me going. I don't typically advocate rapid weight loss but this really is about cleansing your body, kicking bad habits, and priming your body for continued healthy living. For me, it's the thing that is going to take me the rest of the way on this journey and I am quite confident that it will work... it already is doing so. Can't wait to see how far it takes me!

As for my workout, here we go (to the best of my memory because I forgot to write it all down today... oops!)...

3-minute warm up run
Squats:
3 sets * 75 lbs * 15 reps

Step ups in between sets, holding 15-lb dumbells w/ a front kick as I came up-- step ups always help to get my heart rate up, but the front kick made it shoot up there.. quite the exercise!

Dead lifts:
3 sets * 75 lbs * 12-15 reps

More step ups between sets

Walking lunges:
3 sets * 8 lb ball twist (for the obliques) * 20 steps

Leg extension:
3 sets * 75 lbs * 15 reps
Supersetted w/
Hamstring curl:
3 sets * 55 lbs * 15 reps

Ended with a 20-minute run in zone 2 and 3
Calorie burn: 815

Hard workout but totally worth it!

1 comment: