Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September 1st

Oh, hello. Long time, no see.

Ok so I decided today to dust off the old blog and get back to it. I had committed to regular postings until I reached my goal and since I haven't quite gotten there yet, here I am. I could be frustrated that I'm not there yet. I was getting so close, just a few pounds away, and should have been there earlier in the sumer. However, with all of the madness over the last month and a half, I've experienced a bit of a set back. The surgery kept me from working out for nearly a month, preceded by a break from the gym due to Lacey's collar bone break. While I'm not much heavier in weight, 160.8 today at the gym, my body composition has certainly changed. Those muscles that I worked hard to develop aren't quite as obvious as they once were. The still jiggly belly is a little more jiggly now. Clothes aren't fitting quite as nicely as they once did.

The focus for this week is primarily to just get my butt moving again! I put in a good chest and back work out yesterday and a grueling leg workout today, both of which are going to leave me quite sore. Add to that my cardio sessions and my arm and shoulder workout for the rest of the week and I'm going to be feeling some pain. I'm not strapping on the heart rate monitor or counting calories until next week. Just getting back into the groove and trying not to obsess too much about it. Gotta give myself a little leeway, right? While I did not go completely crazy in the healthy eating department, there are things I need to fine tune so I am also working on getting back in that gear this week.

Though you may not hear from me again until next week, I just wanted to recommit to myself and to the blog-o-sphere. I am back and ready to get better than ever!!

1 comment: